I can’t keep this adorableness all to myself, so I’m giving away one copy of Lola and Tattletale Zeke, along with a plush Lola toy. See entry rules below.
• Targeted Audience: Lower Elementary School (Ages 3-8)
• Genre: Non-Fiction
• Author/Photographer: Marcia Goldman
• Publisher: Creston Books
• Publication Date: June 9, 2015
• Binding: Hard Cover
• Dimensions: 8.5″ x 6.5″
• Printing: Full Color
• Length: 32 Pages
• Retail: $16.95
• ISBN: 978-1939547163
Meet Lola, the Service Dog
Lola is a five-pound Yorkshire Terrier and a certified therapy dog. She and her owner, Marcia Goldman go to work together to help those in need, such as autistic children, struggling readers and the elderly in nursing homes. Lola is gentle and calm, loving and smart, and she touches the lives of all who are fortunate enough to meet her. Through her books, she teaches and inspires children everywhere.
Lola’s in a Predicament with Her Tattling Little Brother, Zeke
In the first two books in the series, Lola goes to work helping others, but in Lola and Tattletale Zeke, Lola shares her personal real life challenges as a big sister to a younger – but physically larger – brother named, Zeke. The problem is that Zeke is a tattletale about everything. When Lola forgets to bring her toy bear in from outside, he tells on her. When Lola leaves muddy paw prints on the floor, he tattles. But when Zeke does something wrong, Lola doesn’t tattle because she knows it’s just an accident. When Isabel the black cat tells on Zeke for breaking his toy, Lola feels so bad for her distraught little brother she does all she can to make him feel better. Will Zeke repay the kindness the next time Lola has an accident?
A Curriculum Guide with Activities
In the back of the book is a curriculum guide with vocabulary words and a list of questions to pose to readers, such as “What is the difference between telling about and telling on someone?” There are several suggested educational activities too, such as using puppets to playact different scenarios.
Why You Should Buy This Book (and Plush Toy)
Lola is so cute, I can hardly stand it. And she’s loving and kind and always does the right thing when it comes helping others. Lola is a true leader and the youngest readers can so relate to her predicament with her brother. Every child with a sibling has experienced the dreaded tattling problem or has been a tattler himself. Lola lets children know that it’s normal to experience sibling rivalry, and she teaches them that acting out of kindness is the best way to go. Getting along with others is a life lesson rarely taught in schools, but Lola is here to teach it to your children. With all three titles in this series, plus the new plush puppy, your child will get to know, love and respect Lola the adorable and irresistible therapy dog.
About the Author
Marcia Goldman has her Masters Degree in Special Education and has spent the last 25 years focusing on providing therapeutic-based programs for children with autism and their families. Marcia and Lola live in California.
Watch a video of Lola:
Buy the book here:
Buy the second book in the series:
Buy the first book in this series too:
Buy the Lola Plush Puppy here:
Enter for a Chance to Win The Newest Lola Book and Plush Lola Puppy!
- Enter the giveaway by Liking our Facebook Page (if you haven’t already).
- Leave a valid comment on this post on this website.
- Optional: Receive 10 extra entries by sharing this giveaway from our Facebook Page. Go to the Facebook page and from there, click share on the link to this giveaway. If you share it from your own Facebook status and not from the Smart Book Facebook Page, I will not know about it, so it will not count.
- There will be one winner for this Lola Giveaway selected at random, residing in the USA. No books will be mailed outside the USA.
- This giveaway starts on Friday, March 27, 2015 and ends on Friday, April 3, 2015 at 4 pm.
- The winner will be notified via email on April 3, 2015.
- Follow us on our Facebook Page to learn about more giveaways and read reviews and interviews.